Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart inter record functions rule out sorting

I would like to create a waterfall chart and need to calculate the offsets. As an important requirement, however, the chart should show the values in descending order.

I narrowed the issue down to the following problem, see table. Essentially I would like QV to sort according to column 2 and consecutively calculate column 3.

Product Units     Unit Offset                                                                               

C         4          0

D         3          4

B         2          7

A         1          9

In QV I calculate column 3 by the following statement

RangeSum(Above(Column(1),1,RowNo()-1))

which yields the right values except that the above() function seems to rule out the sort order (the rows are now sorted by "Product")

Maybe this is related to the bug I discovered here, but maybe somebody already found a workaround.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you use inter-record functions, the "normal" sort functions don't work. Instead you need to sort by expression. So, entering "Units" or Avg(Units) here should do the trick.

See also bullet 2 in the instructions of Recipe for a Pareto Analysis where I use an inter-record function to create the Pareto chart.

HIC

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you use inter-record functions, the "normal" sort functions don't work. Instead you need to sort by expression. So, entering "Units" or Avg(Units) here should do the trick.

See also bullet 2 in the instructions of Recipe for a Pareto Analysis where I use an inter-record function to create the Pareto chart.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, works! That's indeed a good trick to know!