Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

CAL user id to access qvw

Currently using a Named User CAL from the QlikView Server.  However after a few weeks, there will be a message indicating that I'm no longer leasing the license from QlikView Server  but I'm now on a Personal Edition License.  Would need to re-enter the password.

Is there a limitation on how many times 1 Named User CAL can be leased?

How do I solve this issue?  Is there some setting which needs to be configured?

Melanie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

A license lease runs out after 30 days, so you will have to open a document "In Server" at least once every 30 days to keep your license leased.

The number of computers 1 CAL can be leased on is limited to prevent this from being used for license abuse. In other words: We do not want multiple people to lease the same CAL.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

A license lease runs out after 30 days, so you will have to open a document "In Server" at least once every 30 days to keep your license leased.

The number of computers 1 CAL can be leased on is limited to prevent this from being used for license abuse. In other words: We do not want multiple people to lease the same CAL.

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

AS ONNO suggested, Yes, you can use it for 30 days. after that again you need to lease license from your server again

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Melanie,

have a read off the attached which explains on details how it works.

HTH

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all.  Better understanding.