Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III

Recovery Checkpoint Not connecting to Target Server

Basically I have a simple job with a check point set up in it that I've deployed and have configured a job in the TAC to run.  When the job fails and triggers that check point I can see it in the recovery console but when I try to actually recover from the check point I get an error "Connection to server failed"

I can see on the job server in the TalendJobServersFiles\jobexecutions\logs a folder has been created for the job execution of the recory.  And in the logs on the job server i see this,

2020-01-17T11:51:37,819 | ERROR | MultiSocketServer_CommandServer_ConnectionPool_pool-15-thread-7 | emote.server.MultiSocketServer$3 323 | 308 - org.talend.remote.server - 7.2.1 | java.lang.NullPointerException
org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.readInputStream(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:109) ~[3080683p000009MA5A.pngrg.talend.remote.server:7.2.1]
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractServerSocket.startReadInputStreamLoop(AbstractServerSocket.java:51) ~[3080683p000009MA5A.pngrg.talend.remote.server:7.2.1]
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractServerSocket.start(AbstractServerSocket.java:40) ~[3080683p000009MA5A.pngrg.talend.remote.server:7.2.1]
at org.talend.remote.server.MultiSocketServer$3.run(MultiSocketServer.java:321) [3080683p000009MA5A.pngrg.talend.remote.server:7.2.1]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:459) ~[?:?]
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.createTempContextPath(CommandServerSocket.java:1276) ~[?:?]
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.buildCommandLine(CommandServerSocket.java:1056) ~[?:?]
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.runJob(CommandServerSocket.java:771) ~[?:?]
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.CommandServerSocket.processRequest(CommandServerSocket.java:312) ~[?:?]
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.processRequestInternal(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:148) ~[?:?]
at org.talend.remote.server.AbstractObjectServerSocket.readInputStream(AbstractObjectServerSocket.java:88) ~[?:?]
... 6 more

Any idea what the problem is?  The job runs perfectly fine if I run it without trying to run it from the recovery point.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we need your job or more details to investigate the issue, can you please open a ticket to our support portal?

Regards
Shong
devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Right now I'm just pocing check points so the job is super simple.  Basically just writing something out to console, reading a file and logging it.  To create the error I'm just renaming the file.  Here's a screen shot of the recovery console, I ran the job once with the file available that's the first run which finishes successfully, then I renamed the file ran it again which errors out, then I tried to recover from the check point and that's when I get the Connection to server failed error when trying to recover from the check point.  So i'm just wondering if there's something obvious wrong with it.

0683p000009M8ft.jpg

krishnahari
Contributor
Contributor

Even i am facing the same issue on talend 7.2.1 studio and i could see the below error in the technical logs,

org.talend.administrator.scheduler.exception.ExecutionTaskException: Execution server not found.

How do we need to fix this or is this a bug in talend 7.2.1?