Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikQuestion
Contributor
Contributor

Access Denied for MYSQL Enterprise Edition

Hi! 
Looking for help connecting to a MYSQL database.

I can access the DB and see the preview of tables (with the data), but when I go to 'Add Data' into the editor i get Access Denied.

The error message says 'Failed to add data. Data could not be added to Data manager. Please verify that all data sources connected to the app are working and try adding the data again.'

'Error information. Access denied'

Checked with IT, my account has read and create access so I don't know why it is failing.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Lisa_Sun
Support
Support

You can check these points:

1. Use excel or another client tool, check whether the same database user can connect to the table in MySQL and query the table data successfully.

2. Then in Qlik Sense, create a new app and make sure there is no section access. Select the table columns from data connection.  Then load the data from data load editor.   Which step do you get the error? What is the error message?

3. Check the proxy,engine and repository log.  see what are the errors.

These links can be helpful as well.
"Failed to add data" when trying to load an Excel ... - Qlik Community - 1717443
"Access Denied" in Data Load Editor Qliksense - Qlik Community - 1461786
Why do I get "Access Denied" when I try to access ... - Qlik Community - 1430971

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!