Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabrice_lattern
Contributor III
Contributor III

Aggregation by previous year

Hello !

My data is composed of an amount of sales per year, month and product. I am trying to create a table where we could see, by year and product, the amount of sales in december of the previous year, like in the following example :

2022-09-02 16_51_36-Issue sales - Sample _ Feuille - Qlik Sense et 9 pages de plus - Travail – Micro.png

I used the following formula :

only(aggr(above(sum( {<Month={12}>}Sales),1,rowno()),Product,Year))

Which works well when we have december data for the year. The issue is that for 2022, I do not yet have december data, and the formula seems not to retrieve 2021 december data.

Do you have any idea on the way to make it work for the ongoing year ?

Thanks in advance for any idea !

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fabrice_lattern
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found a solution (not totally statisfing as it has an "if" condition, but it works) :

if(Only({1}Year) = $(vYearN),

SUM(TOTAL<Product>  aggr (above(sum( {<Month={12}>}Sales),1,rowno()),Product,Year)),
Only(aggr (above(sum( {<Month={12}>}Sales),1,rowno()),Product,Year)))

Where vYearN is a variable defined as =Max({1}Year).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

Maybe this can work, if you just want to showcase the current year consolidated data, then create a variable having max(year) and put it in place of the month = 12,  then it could work. For month, create a month-year column in the master calendar in the datascript and then use it for the month calculation.

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
Timario
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, try next expression

sum({<Year, Year = {"<$(=Year(today()))"},  Month={12}>} Sales )

Timario
Contributor III
Contributor III

if you need only certain years you can use 

sum({<Year, Year = {'2019', '2021'},  Month={12} >} Sales )

fabrice_lattern
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the help, but this is not responding to the requirement, because you are not displaying the N-1 december result in front of year N (here you display december N in front of year N).

fabrice_lattern
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found a solution (not totally statisfing as it has an "if" condition, but it works) :

if(Only({1}Year) = $(vYearN),

SUM(TOTAL<Product>  aggr (above(sum( {<Month={12}>}Sales),1,rowno()),Product,Year)),
Only(aggr (above(sum( {<Month={12}>}Sales),1,rowno()),Product,Year)))

Where vYearN is a variable defined as =Max({1}Year).