Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PRB6803
Contributor II
Contributor II

App.SetScript clearing my load script

I have a visual studio App that extracts, information about a Qlik Sense "App".

One of the options extracts the load script into a multiline textbox where you can then edit. Once happy I have a button that calls App.Setscript(textbox.text) when this executes it either clears everything out of my apps load script or in some cases simply retains the Main Tab. I have tried variables that are defined by calling the app.getscript or specifically as string and in all instances the same thing happens. If I simply set the string to Testing then the word testing appears.

Are their control characters that are impacting, do I need to decalre the variable as something other than string or object based on a call (which if I am not mistaken would also set the object to string)

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PRB6803
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Further to the above the more I test the more it looks like it is something to do with getting the text from the textbox control itself. I have copied it into a string variable also with no joy. If I do a replace on certain words in what comes from getscript without interference of a textbox then the setscript works as it does when in the text variable I hard code text

View solution in original post

PRB6803
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I deleted my routine and wrote from scratch and it seems to be working now, I tried all sorts, Unicode, clean up of none standard ascii characters.
Not sure where or what was different however the SetScript appears to be fine

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PRB6803
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Further to the above the more I test the more it looks like it is something to do with getting the text from the textbox control itself. I have copied it into a string variable also with no joy. If I do a replace on certain words in what comes from getscript without interference of a textbox then the setscript works as it does when in the text variable I hard code text

PRB6803
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I deleted my routine and wrote from scratch and it seems to be working now, I tried all sorts, Unicode, clean up of none standard ascii characters.
Not sure where or what was different however the SetScript appears to be fine