Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jworthulf
Creator
Creator

As-Of Table

re: Hic's Blog 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-As-Of-Table/ba-p/1466130

and the need to have a Month field on the master calendar that starts with the first day of the month.

What if the master calendar your using is a fiscal calendar where the month start date is not always the 1st day of the month can you still use the Month field in creating your As-Of Table?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jworthulf
Creator
Creator
Author

Marcus,

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate the help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

The as-of-table logic shouldn't be touched if you connect it with a financial calendar which may have an offset from n months and maybe even not starting on the first day else overlapping to the calendar-dates in any way. Beside this I assume that you may need more as a single-calendar - means a normal calendar, a financial one, maybe others too and depending on the requirements even a canonical calendar to match some of them together.

- Marcus

jworthulf
Creator
Creator
Author

Marcus,

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate the help.

jworthulf
Creator
Creator
Author

Marcus,

I'm looking to create an app using a sales fact tbl, purchasing fact tbl, and a financial calendar along with some other dim tables.    The fact tables will have multiple date fields, looking at your feedback is there a blog, book, or in depth article that would give me more information on how to tie these dates into my financial calendar so I can use one calendar to see what was purchased , received, invoiced, shipped, etc.?

Thanks,

John 

marcus_sommer

For this take a look on the Canonical Date - Qlik Community - 1463578.

- Marcus