Qlik Community

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Support Case Portal has moved to Qlik Community! Read the FAQs to start exploring Support resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring_Developer
Creator II
Creator II

Circular Loop

Hello All,

Can anyone please help me with the below scenario :-

This is my Data model

Aspiring_Developer_0-1627538445568.png

I want to achieve below association:-

User table linked with ID Card table on %IDCard

User table linked with Activity table on %userID

Activity table linked with ID card table on %projectID

Right now it is creating circular. Can anyone please help me to achieve this relationship by eliminating circular loop ?

Please help

Thank You

2 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

I think, 

user table has unique records of user & its map with Id_Card table based on %DivisonID (not with %IdCard based on ur screenshot) & activity tables contains all the activity of the projects based on Project ID.

In that case, you can rename the "%userID" with "%ActivityUserID" in "ActivityProject" table. So that, it will avoid the circular loop. 

Or , you can create link table.

Refer:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2021/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/LoadData/understa...

https://mindmajix.com/circular-references-in-qlikview

Thanks & Regards,
Mayil Vahanan R
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Why do you need the three way circular association? I believe it is enough to have association from Activity_Details to User to ID_Card. Any selection will autmaticly filter all your data accordingly.

Try this.

1. Rename your user.id_card to user.%IdCard.
  2. You need to drop or rename one of your %DivisionId fields. (Maybe you can rename your ID_card.%DivisionId into ID_card.CardDivision.)
  3. Drop or rename the ID_Card.ProjectID field

Please explain if this is not an suitable solution for your application.

Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes