Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahplymale
Creator
Creator

Collapsed Filter Pane

I have a filter pane in QlikSense (v2.1.1) with 3 dimensions in it.  When the screen size changes, sometimes the adaptive design collapses it down to the point that you can only see one of them followed by "..." Like so:

Capture.PNG

I understand why this happens, but nothing happens when I click on the "..." to let me see or move up the other 2 dimensions.  Am I missing something here about how this is supposed to work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌It's there to let you know there is something more that is hidden.  You'll see it on some tables that exceed the width alloCated to.  To access a object that isconstrained in this way hover over the top right hand corner of the object and you should see an expend option.  This put the object into full screen mode so you can access you pr hidden dimensions and make the necessary selections.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌It's there to let you know there is something more that is hidden.  You'll see it on some tables that exceed the width alloCated to.  To access a object that isconstrained in this way hover over the top right hand corner of the object and you should see an expend option.  This put the object into full screen mode so you can access you pr hidden dimensions and make the necessary selections.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sarah,

Did you test the issue on multiple browsers? I am assuming that its browser issue.

Thanks,

Sangram

sarahplymale
Creator
Creator
Author

Okay.  Sounds like it is working as designed.

When I see this on a table that exceeds the allocated width, I can click on the "..." and see the columns that exceeded the width and can change the order so that I can see a particular column even without putting the object into full screen mode.  I guess I expected something similar to happen with I click on the "..." of the filter pane.  Instead nothing happens when I click on the "...", but I can use full screen option as you describe in the top right corner.

sarahplymale
Creator
Creator
Author

I am using QlikSense Desktop.  Does it behave differently in a browser?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Maybe Qlik are working on something like that but as you've seen its primary function in all cases is to show there is something hide that the user can get to.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

The behavior would be the same on the desktop and the browser.

Thanks,

Sangram.

dannyy81
Contributor III
Contributor III

i build a solution for this bad behavior

does an extension like this  https://github.com/dannyy81/filterPaneCollapsed.git

will solve your problem?

katiepuran
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is exactly what I wanted, @dannyy81 . I only see 3 images file (gif) and 1 video (mp4). Am i open wrong URLhttps://github.com/dannyy81/filterPaneCollapsed.git?  Please advise where I can download the extension to use in my app.

katiepuran_0-1624975941354.png

katiepuran
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello dannyy81, your git does not have full extension https://github.com/dannyy81/filterPaneCollapsed.git

Where can I download a working extension?