Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Completely lock a visualization

swuehlmarcus_sommer

Hi Stefan/Marcus/Qlikers,

Do you know of a way to completely lock a chart from adjusting to selections in the app?  I am not just talking about set analysis on the measure. I have a line chart that tracks a count of 'X' over Fiscal Year by Region. I have the following set analysis for the measure:

Count({1}APPROVED_DT)

This works fine and the measure does not adjust. However, if a selection is made on Region, the chart will adjust to only show the highlighted region ( with the other regions being grayed out).

I have tried to add the following set analysis to keep this from happening but it continues to gray itself out and only show the selected value in the legend box. It also happens if I select a field that is not represented as a dimension in the line chart.

Count({1< FYear=, REGION = >}APPROVED_DT)

Is there a way to lock this chart down so that it basically doesn't respond to any selections or anything whatsoever other than a data refresh??

Thanks,

Ben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It seems that the current documentation is shortened compared to earlier releases and that there is no more an example of set analysis and TOTAL. But also there I find the description of {1} rather misleading at least within the german translation:

1 - Stellt den vollständigen Satz aller Datensätze in der Anwendung dar.

sum( {1} Umsatz)
Umsatz für alle Werte, unabhängig von der momentanen Auswahl. Für jeden Wert der Dimension wird ein Formelwert berechnet.

sum( {1} Total Umsatz )
Gesamtumsatz für alle Werte, unabhängig von der momentanen Auswahl und Dimension. Vergleichbar mit sum(All Umsatz).

This means you need always to combine set analysis and TOTAL to get really ALL (it's an outdated statement and I don't know if it's supported in QV12 anymore) records within your expression.

ps: The dimensions within the TOTAL <Dim1, Dim2> are used to force a consideration of the dimensions again. Otherwise you would get just one single value for everything which is ok. within a KPI but useless within a chart.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it with: Count({1} TOTAL <FYear, REGION> APPROVED_DT)

- Marcus

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Marcus,

That seems to do much better, thank you!

I have not seen that syntax before. It looks like set analysis but it does not follows it's syntax. Are you able to explain it?

Best,

Ben

marcus_sommer

It seems that the current documentation is shortened compared to earlier releases and that there is no more an example of set analysis and TOTAL. But also there I find the description of {1} rather misleading at least within the german translation:

1 - Stellt den vollständigen Satz aller Datensätze in der Anwendung dar.

sum( {1} Umsatz)
Umsatz für alle Werte, unabhängig von der momentanen Auswahl. Für jeden Wert der Dimension wird ein Formelwert berechnet.

sum( {1} Total Umsatz )
Gesamtumsatz für alle Werte, unabhängig von der momentanen Auswahl und Dimension. Vergleichbar mit sum(All Umsatz).

This means you need always to combine set analysis and TOTAL to get really ALL (it's an outdated statement and I don't know if it's supported in QV12 anymore) records within your expression.

ps: The dimensions within the TOTAL <Dim1, Dim2> are used to force a consideration of the dimensions again. Otherwise you would get just one single value for everything which is ok. within a KPI but useless within a chart.

- Marcus

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Versteh, echt vielen dank!

-Ben