Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner
Partner

Continuous Accumulation by Month

Hello, I am currently trying to set up a line chart that will show the accumulated number of events from one month to the next. I have attached an example app to demonstrate what I am trying to accomplish. In my sample data I have 5 events that occur over 7 months.

ContinuousAccumulationExample.PNG

On the top chart, I show EventDate with a continuous Axis. This looks good, but I want to also show the accumulation by month.

In the chart on the bottom left, I have EventMonth as my dimension with a continuous X-axis. The issue is that the X-Axis is showing the date value rather than the year.

In the chart on the bottom right, I have EventMonth as my dimension without a continuous X-axis. The issue here is that the chart is no longer continuous. I can't see the months in the middle.

What I am hoping to get is a mix of the bottom two charts where my X-Axis is my month, but it shows all of the months in between. And for those months, I would like it to show as a flat line rather than a slope to the next month with a data point. I would also like to do this without modifying the data.

Is this possible?

Labels (7)
0 Replies