Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmarinelli
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Count Distinct + Set Analysis and aggregation

Hi,

I am trying to display a chart of the number of accounts purchasing a given over time. I have fields MonthYear, account_id, product, and sales, and want to display the count of account_id's with sales>0 in each month by product.

I'm struggling to determine the set analysis for my chart. measure-- ex: COUNT(DISTINCT{<account_id = {"=SUM(sales)>0"}>}account_id ) gives the accounts who have ever made a purchase, not just a purchase in the current month.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
y_grynechko
Creator III
Creator III

In theory this is a correct calc: COUNT(DISTINCT{<account_id = {"=SUM(sales)>0"}>}account_id 

if you add it to the line chart with MonthYear as a first dim it should group measure values by the MonthYear.

After adding second dim, product, you should get multiple product lines grouped by the month. 

Can you share the screen? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
y_grynechko
Creator III
Creator III

Hey, 

are you trying to show in on the bar chart with MonthYear as a dimension?

nmarinelli
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Yes a line chart with MonthYear and Product as dimensions

y_grynechko
Creator III
Creator III

In theory this is a correct calc: COUNT(DISTINCT{<account_id = {"=SUM(sales)>0"}>}account_id 

if you add it to the line chart with MonthYear as a first dim it should group measure values by the MonthYear.

After adding second dim, product, you should get multiple product lines grouped by the month. 

Can you share the screen? 

sunny_talwar

Try this

Count(DISTINCT Aggr(If(Sum(sales) > 0, account_id), account_id, month))

nmarinelli
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

It was working all along, the error was with my data model! Interesting that Sunny's response gives me a different result, but only ever so slightly. Will have to dive into the set analysis to understand why.