Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EISSA
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count distinct with group by in the script

Hello, 

below is a sample of what I am trying to do to count distinct two fields using the group by.

First I know that this is very easy to be done in the chart side and not in the script but I am obliged to do it from the script because I have billions of record that makes my dashboard very huge and slow in performance and in my current dashboard all I want is the aggregation grouped by the dimensions below and if I am not doing any filter using below dimension to get the total of these 2 kpis and to be distinct.

For example the below result should show :

[KPI Value Customer] = 2 (C1 and C2)

[KPI Value Player Days] = 5 (P101 ,P102 ,P103 , P201 ,P202 )

and let's say in the dashboard we filtered brand = 3 the KPIs should show 

[KPI Value Customer] = 2 (C1 and C2)

[KPI Value Player Days] = 3 (P103 , P201 ,P202 )

testTable:
LOAD * INLINE [
year  , Datemk  ,  customer , playerdays , brand , provider , customermarket
2022 ,01032022, C1 ,                P101 ,              1 ,          pr1 ,            cust1 ,                 
2022 ,02032022, C1 ,                P102 ,              2 ,          pr2 ,           cust1 ,                  
2022 ,03032022, C1 ,                P103 ,              3 ,          pr3 ,           cust2 ,                 
2022 ,03032022, C2 ,                P201 ,              3 ,          pr3 ,           cust2 ,                  
2022 ,04032022, C2 ,                P202 ,              3 ,          pr3 ,           cust2 ,                  
];

GroupingTable:
Load brand,year,customermarket,provider, kpiname,
'MTD' as [Period],
count(DISTINCT (playerdays)) as [KPI Value Player Days] ,
count(DISTINCT (customer)) as [KPI Value Customer]
resident testTable
group by brand,year,customermarket,provider;

Drop Table testTable;

Thanks in advance for your support and suggestions. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your script looks like it should work. Except there should be no () around the fieldname in Count. 

count(DISTINCT playerdays) 

-Rob

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your script looks like it should work. Except there should be no () around the fieldname in Count. 

count(DISTINCT playerdays) 

-Rob