Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EISSA
Contributor III
Contributor III

Count distinct with group by in the script

Hello, 

below is a sample of what I am trying to do to count distinct two fields using the group by.

First I know that this is very easy to be done in the chart side and not in the script but I am obliged to do it from the script because I have billions of record that makes my dashboard very huge and slow in performance and in my current dashboard all I want is the aggregation grouped by the dimensions below and if I am not doing any filter using below dimension to get the total of these 2 kpis and to be distinct.

For example the below result should show :

[KPI Value Customer] = 2 (C1 and C2)

[KPI Value Player Days] = 5 (P101 ,P102 ,P103 , P201 ,P202 )

and let's say in the dashboard we filtered brand = 3 the KPIs should show 

[KPI Value Customer] = 2 (C1 and C2)

[KPI Value Player Days] = 3 (P103 , P201 ,P202 )

testTable:
LOAD * INLINE [
year  , Datemk  ,  customer , playerdays , brand , provider , customermarket
2022 ,01032022, C1 ,                P101 ,              1 ,          pr1 ,            cust1 ,                 
2022 ,02032022, C1 ,                P102 ,              2 ,          pr2 ,           cust1 ,                  
2022 ,03032022, C1 ,                P103 ,              3 ,          pr3 ,           cust2 ,                 
2022 ,03032022, C2 ,                P201 ,              3 ,          pr3 ,           cust2 ,                  
2022 ,04032022, C2 ,                P202 ,              3 ,          pr3 ,           cust2 ,                  
];

GroupingTable:
Load brand,year,customermarket,provider, kpiname,
'MTD' as [Period],
count(DISTINCT (playerdays)) as [KPI Value Player Days] ,
count(DISTINCT (customer)) as [KPI Value Customer]
resident testTable
group by brand,year,customermarket,provider;

Drop Table testTable;

Thanks in advance for your support and suggestions. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your script looks like it should work. Except there should be no () around the fieldname in Count. 

count(DISTINCT playerdays) 

-Rob

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Your script looks like it should work. Except there should be no () around the fieldname in Count. 

count(DISTINCT playerdays) 

-Rob