Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date Format

Hello Everyone,

I have an issue which I know is very easy to solve, there's just something I am not quite getting right.

I have a Filter Pane which filters the dimension date. The date is showing up in the Qlik Sense formate, i.e 42370, 42401 etc.

I would like this date to be displayed in the DD MMMM YYYY format.

I have tried to do so in using the following expression: Date#([Date][, 'DD MMMM YYYY']) (Date is the name of the field containing dates).  However, there's an error in my expression.

Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you all in advance,

Alison

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Did you try this?

Date(Num#(Date), 'DD MMMM YYYY')

View solution in original post

12 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Aliso,

try

Date(Date,'DD MMMM YYYY')

Regards,

Antonio

Not applicable
Author

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried your suggestion. When I enter it, the script has no error but when it is applied there are no longer any values found in the filter pane.

sunny_talwar

For formatting, you just need a date function and date#()... date#() is used for interpretation (i.e. when QlikView is having a difficult time understanding that you date field is a date field. So in your case, you already have a date (in the shape of a number), so you need to use Date() function.

Also, the format doesn't have to be surrounded by square brackets

Date([Date], 'DD MMMM YYYY')

sunny_talwar

May be try this

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you.

I am aware of all that. And yet, I am still having difficulty. As I said above in my response to Antonio, after applying that script I am left without any values in the filter pane. Why is that?

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Try this ways

Ex:-

LOAD *, Date(NewNUM , 'DD MMMM YYYY') as NewDate;

LOAD *, Date(NumDate) as NewNUM;

LOAD * Inline

[

NumDate

];

See attached

Regards

Anand

its_anandrjs

Are you using this expression in the dimension be clear you can use this on the dimension

Ex:-

Date ( [Date], 'DD MMMM YYYY' )

Date( YourdateFieldHere, 'DD MMMM YYYY')

Be clear on the field name and date syntax.

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hello Anand,

Thank you for your response.

That does work, but it seems a little over-complex and it would require quite a lot of time, inputting the dates manually into the data load editor. Is there no solution that less taxing? 

sunny_talwar

Did you try this?