Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LReeve
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic Control Charts

Hi Guys,

I am looking to create a Control Chart with Stages and have managed to make it match the calculation found in Stat software like MiniTab. My only problem is the way I have done it isn't dynamic and requires me to manual adjust each chart with a nested if for each. Example with 2 stages below for the UCL (Created as a Measure not a Reference Line):

If(Stage = 1,
Avg(Total {<Stage = {"1"}>} Volume) + 2.66*avg(Total {<Stage = {"1"}>} aggr(fabs(above(Volume)-[Volume]),[Date])),
Avg(Total {<Stage = {"2"}>} Volume) + 2.66*avg(Total {<Stage = {"2"}>} aggr(fabs(above(Volume)-[Volume]),[Date])))

I am explicitly needing to reference each individual stage in the measure to make the line split.

I have attempted the following to make it dynamically calculate based on the number of Stages present:

• Total <Stage> - an attempt to make it automatically Average per Stage on the Total Function. This does nothing.
  • {<Stage = {"$(=Max(Stage))"}>} - This also only provides a single line and uses the Maximum stage to calculate.
  • Looping in Data Load to create the forumla  - This works but isn't as ideal as cracking it in a measure. It replicates the Nested If dynamically.

Any support would be greatly appreciated - even if is to just confirm that it is impossible!

Example Outcome attached.

Thanks

Labels (5)
1 Reply
LReeve
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Checking in on if anyone has had any ideas!

Thanks