Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ujjwalraja
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic Measure based on Dimension

Hi Qlikkies,

I have data in the below format

Product Year Sales
P1 2021 20
P1 2022 30
P1 2023 40
P1 2024 50
P2 2021 0
P2 2022 10
P2 2023 20
P2 2024 30

I need to calculate Growth %age at Product Level where the Initial Sales should be greater than Zero. I am looking for solution that can be done at front-end as there is lot of data & I can't drop the rows with Sales as 0.

The desired o/p should be

Product Initial Non Zero Value Final Non Zero Value % Growth
P1 20 50 (50-20)/20
P2 10 30 (30-10)/10

Here for P1 , the initial non zero value will be from 2021 but for P2 the initial non zero value would be from 2022

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
TonySapede
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

One idea is to use an if check in the measure to check if the value is > 0. You will also need remove the "Include Zero Valeus" for the table. 

Here is how to add the If check:
If(Sum({<Year={"$(=Min(Year))"}>}Sales)>0,
(Sum({<Year={"$(=Max(Year))"}>}Sales)-Sum({<Year={"$(=Min(Year))"}>}Sales))/Sum({<Year={"$(=Min(Year))"}>}Sales))

You could also build this check in the load script, you don't need to drop the 0 from the fact table, just flag the products you should ignore or build another table with the data you want to show and link by ProductID.

Regards,

ujjwalraja
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Tony,

Apologies If I was not clear, The Idea is to get Initial Value for Product P2 in this case bypassing 0, The Solution which you proposed is giving nulls for P2 but it should pick values of next minimum year where the value is non zero.

ujjwalraja_0-1722261811261.png