Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anwarbham
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filtering a Variable with a dimension value

Hi Im Looking for a quicker way to filter a measure that is derived from a variable. rather than recreate the same measure based on filters.

i have a measure in a master item eg $(vActual_FY) that come from a variable 

the calculation in this variable is 

sum({$<version_code={10},currency_conversion_type_id={1,2},time_calculation_code = {'YTD'},currency_code = {'EUR'},profit_center_code =- {1000}, adjust_code =- {'non-operating items'}, MonthNumber ={12} >}[value_qty])/1000

now i want to further filter this measure   based on a value that exists in a dimension in certain circumstances

PNL_long_Header = {'IAT'}

i guess i can create a new measure with the added filter, like below 

sum({$<version_code={10},currency_conversion_type_id={1,2},time_calculation_code = {'YTD'},currency_code = {'EUR'},profit_center_code =- {1000}, adjust_code =- {'non-operating items'}, MonthNumber ={12},PNL_long_Header = {'IAT'} >}[value_qty])/1000

but i am  hoping there is an easier way  without replicating , where i can just call the Variable $(vActual_FY)  and set the additional filter 

$(vActual_FY)

something like 

aggr($(vActual_FY),PNL_long_Header = {'IAT'})

Any Ideas

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You can use argument inside a variable

It will look like this: $(vActual_FY(argument))

Here is how you should change your measure (note the $1 at the end):

sum({$<version_code={10},currency_conversion_type_id={1,2},time_calculation_code = {'YTD'},currency_code = {'EUR'},profit_center_code =- {1000}, adjust_code =- {'non-operating items'}, MonthNumber ={12} $1 >}[value_qty])/1000

If you want to trigger original value:

$(vActual_FY(''))

If you want the new value:

$(vActual_FY('PNL_long_Header = {'IAT'}'))

(you may need to escape the ' mark though)

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
S.T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You can use argument inside a variable

It will look like this: $(vActual_FY(argument))

Here is how you should change your measure (note the $1 at the end):

sum({$<version_code={10},currency_conversion_type_id={1,2},time_calculation_code = {'YTD'},currency_code = {'EUR'},profit_center_code =- {1000}, adjust_code =- {'non-operating items'}, MonthNumber ={12} $1 >}[value_qty])/1000

If you want to trigger original value:

$(vActual_FY(''))

If you want the new value:

$(vActual_FY('PNL_long_Header = {'IAT'}'))

(you may need to escape the ' mark though)

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
S.T.

Kushal_Chawda

Create your variable like below. Replace whatever modifier you want to add with $1,$2.....

sum({$<version_code={10},currency_conversion_type_id={1,2},time_calculation_code = {'YTD'},currency_code = {'EUR'},profit_center_code =- {1000}, adjust_code =- {'non-operating items'}, MonthNumber ={12},$1 >}[value_qty])/1000

Then you can pass the parameter within variable like below

=$(vActual_FY(PNL_long_Header = {'IAT'}))

anwarbham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks this works perfect i just added the comma after the argument  

sum({$<version_code={10},currency_conversion_type_id={1,2},time_calculation_code = {'YTD'},currency_code = {'EUR'},profit_center_code =- {1000}, adjust_code =- {'non-operating items'}, MonthNumber ={12} , $1 >}[value_qty])/1000

and called it via 

$(vActual_FY(''))

and with a filter 

$(vActual_FY(PNL_long_Header = {'IAT'}))

many thanks