Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subramani_r
Contributor III
Contributor III

Force join Vs Association, in terms of User experience to filter values which is faster?

Scenario 1

Table1:

LOAD *

CUSTOMERID,

NAME

FROM ....

Table2:

LOAD *

CUSTOMERID,

Address

FROM ....

Scenario: 2

Table1:

LOAD *

CUSTOMERID,

NAME

FROM ....

Left join ([Table1])

LOAD *

CUSTOMERID,

Address

FROM ....

Question: Between the two scenarios, which will yield faster results when filtering on the front end?

Note:

1)The above is just an illustrative example. However, the model I am working with has a lot of columns and rows in multiple fragments of the script.

2) The load time is definitely faster in the 1st case, as its an independent load. However, I want to confirm if the 1st will take more time to load results on dimension intensive charts (such as Sankey, network map etc) as the data between the columns is associated but is not in the same table.

Please let me know in case you need any additional information

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Single table always works faster.

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PrashantSangle

Single table always works faster.

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
subramani_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot 🙂