Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alok_srivastava
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Generating a blank report in Qlik.

Dear All,

I am working in a Cognos to Qlik Migration project where we are developing reports in Qlik which are available in Cognos. As part of migration we need to match the no. and report o/p between Qlik & Cognos. We are using Qlik On-Demand N-Printing for exporting the results in Qlik and having  similar layout to Cognos report.

For One of the report during UAT User is generating a blank report in Cognos as the Filters he selects in Cognos results in no data. 

Now he wants to apply the same filter values in Qlik also so that it results in no output and results in a blank qlik export. But Qlik is not allowing him to select those filter values which results in no data. There are 4 list boxes in Qlik App and when user applies desired selection in 3 list boxes the values which he wants to select in 4th one are grayed out and he wants to select the values from grayed out one without changing selections from other 3 filters and the table box should display no data.  

Is there any way to achieve this. Thanks !!

Labels (2)
2 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Unlike Cognos, Qlik is associative. As you said the values are greyed out that means there is no poosible/associated value for selection. So my guess is even if you select something from the fourth list box which you can't will impact anything. You may need to check your data model if there is any value that needs to be associated from your fourth list box.

Thanks
Pradosh
Learning never stops.
Alok_srivastava
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for looking into this Pradosh ! However I know the fact that qlik filters out data with each selection. But my requirement is to give user the capability of choosing any filter values which may even result in no data in the Report. Actually the blank report output based on certain filter condition in Cognos is compliance requirement showing there is no such records in data. And user wants to produce same blank report o/p in Qlik as well.