Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Analytics with rest connector

Hi,

I just made a connection with google analytics with the help of rest connector . The dimension and measure i ave used while connection are:

dimensions=ga:mobileDeviceInfo,ga:source

metrics=ga:sessions,ga:pageviews,ga:sessionDuration

Now I have received two tables in Qlik sense , One contains two columns dimensions value and name.

Second contains: measure name and values.

Now point here is there is no connection between them ,no keys. So can you please tell me what exactly I am missing.

Second I made connection one day before today i try to connect it showing error , so i need to again do all connectivity. how to make connection so I don't need to follow the same path again.

Please explain in details and step wise.

This is on urgent basis.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Rohit,

I understand your issues, both with the transient session keys and the data formatting. These are both issues I am facing myself, and I imagine we're in the same boat. I have started a new discussion (at least attempted to) on the session key matter at OAuth 2.0 REST Refresh Token‌, and have not yet done enough research to either a.) get the data formatting figured out or b.) be able to ask a useful pointed question.

Before I do, let me make sure we're having the same data issue. If you're grabbing 5 fields, it's not coming in table format, correct? It's a single row with the 5 fields stacked per entry. Is that accurate?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Rohit,

Can you take a look at the Google Analytics section (bottom of page) here in this help document just to make sure this is the same method of connecting:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_QV_help/Content/1.0/Create-REST-conn...

I have not played with this yet so I am not exactly sure of the behavior. I will attempt to set up an example in my environment.

Let me know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Hope you are doing good!

I have made  a connection with google analytics through Rest Connector but problem is coming here , the session key which i get from the developer tool of google analytics expires in 1 hour somehow duration. so again i need to generate new session key like:

Bearer ya29.CjbcAgzhu3ZP4gI1u8yUvaPG-z4A8i9kFTkLzQqvBA5EuY8p7KPMmURm27wVx1cvNu1d

So the first point is how to get a key or make a connection which works while upload the app to server.

I don't know how to get the mention OAuth oauth_Consumer_key

Can you please help me to know how to get this key, See all the tutorial available , they just tell us how to made a temporary connection.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Rohit - I do not know this answer, but perhaps jog‌ might know. Please allow some time for him to reply as he has other responsibilities and may not be able to reply just yet.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike,

For the time being I am also working to figure it out. I will wait for JOG response hope he will find soon a good solution.

Not applicable
Author

Simple workaround solution that I discovered is to use Google Sheets with SuperMetrics add-on. Let SuperMetrics crab data from source(s) and structure it to table(s) in Google Sheets. Then publish spreadsheet as Excel and use the link as web file connection in Sense.

SuperMetrics Pro version will cost around 50€ per month depending on purchase model. Small price to pay compared to QVSource connectors or to hassle one has to go through with REST Connector.

Not applicable
Author

I disagree that a long term solution to the REST session key timeout should be "pay someone else to do it." Qlik has a pretty solid REST connector and great documentation. I'm interested to hear from JOG.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

I agree with you that Qlik has pretty solid rest connector and great documentation so can you please help me to make a connectivity of Qlik and google analytic by rest connector , See what the procedure in available on vieos or Youtube or other that i have stated above , every time I need to generate session key and run and what data comes that is not as anyone can make any charts,Hope you understand what I am looking for:

Not applicable
Author

Rohit,

I understand your issues, both with the transient session keys and the data formatting. These are both issues I am facing myself, and I imagine we're in the same boat. I have started a new discussion (at least attempted to) on the session key matter at OAuth 2.0 REST Refresh Token‌, and have not yet done enough research to either a.) get the data formatting figured out or b.) be able to ask a useful pointed question.

Before I do, let me make sure we're having the same data issue. If you're grabbing 5 fields, it's not coming in table format, correct? It's a single row with the 5 fields stacked per entry. Is that accurate?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

I was looking to your new discussion but unfortunately there is no commented added after creation ,Lets wait for a while,hope we will get some response.

Best,

Rohit Kumar