Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alespooletto
Creator
Creator

How to colour an expression by the desired dimension?

I have an expression that takes in a measure, and according to its value, gives me a colour for the columns if its value is above or below the average.

if(
Count({<ACTION_CODE={'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC={'Main SFC'}>} DISTINCT SFC) / Count(DISTINCT WorkingDay)
<
Avg(TOTAL Aggr(Count({<ACTION_CODE={'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC={'Main SFC'}>} DISTINCT SFC) / Count(DISTINCT WorkingDay), MainSFC)),
RGB(255, 0, 0), // Red color if below the average
RGB(0, 0, 255) // Blue color if above the average
)

The problem is, this is not giving me the correct results. Only in few cases does it work, but other cases when the value is below the mean, it still doesn't get coloured red.

alespooletto_0-1702910494647.png

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Always pause conditions and use table object to see. 

if(
Count({<ACTION_CODE={'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC={'Main SFC'}>} DISTINCT SFC) / Count(DISTINCT WorkingDay)
<
Avg(TOTAL Aggr(Count({<ACTION_CODE={'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC={'Main SFC'}>} DISTINCT SFC) / Count(DISTINCT WorkingDay), MainSFC)),
1, // Red color if below the average
2 // Blue color if above the average
)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

simple question, where are you adding this conditional to calculate ?

I understand you want to put red all the cases where they are going bellow the trend line, 
this is trend line ?

Avg(TOTAL Aggr(Count({<ACTION_CODE={'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC={'Main SFC'}>} DISTINCT SFC) / Count(DISTINCT WorkingDay), MainSFC)

and could make both are master items ? to make live easy to make If (Master_ITEM_1 < mASTER_ITEM_2 , RED(),BLUE())

try like this

TcnCunha_M_0-1702975450753.png

As you think, so shall you become.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

could you print what happening because just look the expression I can't see nothing wrong

alespooletto
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, thank you. I added the information

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Always pause conditions and use table object to see. 

if(
<
1, // Red color if below the average
2 // Blue color if above the average
)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

simple question, where are you adding this conditional to calculate ?

I understand you want to put red all the cases where they are going bellow the trend line, 
this is trend line ?

Avg(TOTAL Aggr(Count({<ACTION_CODE={'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC={'Main SFC'}>} DISTINCT SFC) / Count(DISTINCT WorkingDay), MainSFC)

and could make both are master items ? to make live easy to make If (Master_ITEM_1 < mASTER_ITEM_2 , RED(),BLUE())

try like this

TcnCunha_M_0-1702975450753.png

alespooletto
Creator
Creator
Author

So this is a good idea, but unfortunately it's really the second measure that doesn't seem to work out well.  I have to work and improve it to make it functional.

TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

OK 

I see so you have a problem with your expression

I may suggest :

Count( TOTAL  {<ACTION_CODE={'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC={'Main SFC'}>} DISTINCT SFC) / Count(WorkingDay)

I believe this should be your total scenario or something like this.

since there is a problem with your expression I believe the answer from Anil or my you should mark as right awnser

alespooletto
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, thank you. I was able to solve the expression mistake, and it's thanks to both of you pointing out ways to find this out. 

However @TcnCunha_M I still have an issue, as when I place the measures inside, I expect to be able to compare them all with the maximum average that I get. For example here: 

alespooletto_0-1703061922775.png

I want to compare all of those rows against the 191 at the top. The current formula of the second column is :

Count( {< ACTION_CODE = {'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC = {'Main SFC'}>} distinct SFC) / Count(Distinct WorkingDay)

And instead of a breakdown by every row, I want it to always output its total. Can you help me figure this out? It seems like using Sum(All) and Sum(Total) it doesn't seem to work. 

TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

you probably need to aggregate by the  dimensions and use total like 

Sum ( TOTAL

Aggr(
Count( {< ACTION_CODE = {'COMPLETE'}, MainSFC = {'Main SFC'}>} distinct SFC) / Count(Distinct WorkingDay)
 Fields )

)m