Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to know if a dimension is displayed in Chart

Dear All,

is there a function to know if a dimension is displayed in a Chart ?

I'm using lots of "Show/Hide" capabilities and the "Custom report" from Vizlib and I'm looking if there is a way to now if a specific dimension is displayed or not.

regards

Benoît

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Stoyan

Perfect, with concat it could be very powerfull... why Qlik did not had an official function for that... 

=if(SubStringCount( concat(distinct GetObjectField(ValueList(0,1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15)), ','),'Year Month')=1,'Year Month is displayed' ,'Year Month is hidden')

have a nice evening !

Regards

Benoît

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Girard,

The GetObjectDimension should do the trick for you.

But keep in mind you cannot use this to display the content. Aka - you cannot put it in the Title or so. BUT you can use it as a condition to control color-coding or even how expressions are calculated.

You can check this article:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/FieldFunc...

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
Stoyan

girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Stoyan

Perfect, with concat it could be very powerfull... why Qlik did not had an official function for that... 

=if(SubStringCount( concat(distinct GetObjectField(ValueList(0,1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15)), ','),'Year Month')=1,'Year Month is displayed' ,'Year Month is hidden')

have a nice evening !

Regards

Benoît