Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon4
Creator
Creator

Ignoring current selection

Dear all,

I have a piece of code that calculates the margin:

MONEY(
SUM(AGGR(

SUM({$<LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} REVENUE)

-

IF(
              ISPROJECTMAINORDER = '-1'
    AND
    Order_cat_code = '100'
    AND
    SUM({$<LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} INITIALBUDGET) > 0.0,
    SUM({$<LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} INITIALBUDGET),
    IF(
    ISPROJECTMAINORDER = '-1'
    AND
    Order_cat_code = '100',

(sum({$<LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} REVENUE*0.65)),
        SUM({$<LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} COSTS)))

, Order_nmbr))
)

I want the code to ignore current selections so that the output stays te same no mather what. I tried using '1' and '$' or '-$' but they all don't seem to work. How do I approach this? I think it has something to do with the aggr function 

Kind regards,

Simon

Labels (1)
5 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

MONEY( SUM( {1} AGGR( ...

Simon4
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi BrunPierre, thank you for your answer. unfortunatly this does not work. when i select for example 2019, the output shifts to zero.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

you will have you move your IF() block conditions into set analysis and ignore all selections in All aggregation functions

try below

MONEY(
SUM({1}AGGR({1}

SUM({1<LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} REVENUE)

-

IF(
SUM({1<ISPROJECTMAINORDER = {'-1'}, Order_cat_code = {'100'}, LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} INITIALBUDGET) > 0,
SUM({1<LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} INITIALBUDGET),
alt(sum({1<ISPROJECTMAINORDER = {'-1'}, Order_cat_code = {'100'},LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} REVENUE*0.65),
SUM({1<ISPROJECTMAINORDER = {'-1'}, Order_cat_code = {'100'},LOADDATE = {'$(=$(VDATE_peildatum))'}, ORDERYEAR={'$(=$(Vcurrentyear))'}, cake_service = {'cake'}>} COSTS)
)
)

, Order_nmbr))
)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

1 as a set modifier is definetly right if you want to ignore the selection.

your aggr() function does not have a set yet. you can try ....aggr({1}....

or you can add a {1} at the very first line (even above money()) and remove all the $ where you do definetly need them. This is a relatively new feature in Qlik Sense where you can have a "global" set at the beginning that affects all the following sets.

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

did you checked the preview of your formula? it sounds like your date variables might be affected by the selection.