Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aj_954
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it possible to view the source code of an app created through the QLIK GUI interface

Hi,

I am a new user to QLIK and I want to find a way to view the source code for an app developed with the GUI interface ( creating plots, bar charts, etc)  within QLIK.

I am developing apps with QLIK desktop on secure databaseand cannot send the app  to the QLIK sense due to secuirty. I can however send text from my secure network to the network with QLIK sense. 

Would it be possible to develop an app  (using the GUI interface) with QLIK desktop, obtain the source code , and copy & paste that source code into a text file, and use that source code to generate the same APP i developed on QLIK desktop? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could take a look at GitHub - mindspank/serializeapp witch can convert your application into JSON and use that json-package to rebuild the app on another machine. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
aj_954
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

seems I answered my own question, through a little bit of google search. QLIK is not an open source software so there is no way to view the source code generated by the software. 

Is there a way to get around this? i.e package the app into a QLIK only readable text file? 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could take a look at GitHub - mindspank/serializeapp witch can convert your application into JSON and use that json-package to rebuild the app on another machine. 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suggest you also take a look at https://github.com/qlik-oss/corectl where you can use the unbuild/build commands to serialize apps as well as do some programatic adjustments. 

-Rob