Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NenadV
Creator
Creator

Is this possible in a pivot table in QlikView?

QlikView 

2024-01-10_20-00-45.jpg

How to show "Materials Variance as % of Standard Material" in the table above calculated as Materials Variance /Standard Material?

Thanks 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You may try it with an interrecord-function approach like:

above(TOTAL YourExpression, RowOffset)

whereby RowOffset could be a calculation counting the number of available dimension-values to access the target-row. By a complex chart it might be not trivial.

If this isn't practically you need to associate the relevant dimension-values in a way that they support such a calculation. Without knowing your dataset and the majority of your requirements in depth it's not possible to suggest a more detailed approach. In general you should consider to simplify the object maybe by using a different structure and/or distributing the information to several objects. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
anat
Master
Master

ca you please elaborate more about your requirement...

to show the numbers in percentage you can use like Num(sum(sales),'0.0%')

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, this is not about format but how to read amount in  one line and divide it by amount from another line.

marcus_sommer

To access any row/column you may use interecord-functions like above(). If not a single row/column is queried you will need to wrap it into a range-function like rangeavg().

But I assume you want to calculate certain rates against the next higher dimension-levels. n such case you may use a TOTAL statement like:

sum(Value) / sum(TOTAL Value)

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

it looks like there is no easy solution to this.

marcus_sommer

Maybe not so easy as you want it to be as a one-click-solution but it will be probably possible with slightly extended expressions.

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

can you please share one? Thank you

marcus_sommer

I hinted above different ways. It would be useful if you elaborate it in more detail which source-data should return which results.

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

Marcus, thank you for interest.

I need to show Overhead Variance  / Standard Overhead *100, i.e.465/1259*100 = 37%

marcus_sommer

You may try it with an interrecord-function approach like:

above(TOTAL YourExpression, RowOffset)

whereby RowOffset could be a calculation counting the number of available dimension-values to access the target-row. By a complex chart it might be not trivial.

If this isn't practically you need to associate the relevant dimension-values in a way that they support such a calculation. Without knowing your dataset and the majority of your requirements in depth it's not possible to suggest a more detailed approach. In general you should consider to simplify the object maybe by using a different structure and/or distributing the information to several objects.