Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Loop to total rows

All,

I have a table which I retrieve in JSON format. This works with a skip and take function, so in a loop I change the skip to be able to loop through the table.

My problem is the To part of the loop. Because the take has a 5000 record limit if I use a function like NoOfRows('Table') it stops after the first loop because it sees the 5000. What I can use to let the loop run to 22.000 (which is now the number of records in the table)?

Regards, Paul

5 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Not sure if this gonna help but can you use rowno() and get its maximum value stored in a variable or use it directly?

Learning never stops.
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

What would I need to do to try this suggestion?

marcus_sommer

It sounds that it might be solvable with another loop which sliced your input-table. There you could add a counter maybe with something like:

ceil(rowno() / 5000) as LoopCounter

and then you could loop through this field like:

for i = 1 to fieldvaluecount(LoopCounter)

FinalTable:

load * from Table where LoopCounter = $(i);

... your other stuff ...

next

- Marcus

pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Problem is I need tot loop to load the whole table since the source only allows me to get 5000 records at once.

So in order to load all records I need a loop statement, but in order to make the loop statement I need all records. So that is what I am sort of stuck in now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you need to look at pagination - here is the url of to the loading paged data manual section

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/1.0/Create-REST-connec...

The actual details of what you precisely need to do will depend on the details of your data source.