Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dana
Creator II
Creator II

MTD/PMTD bar chart

Hi,

I created a bar chart which displays current year and previous year  MTD.

I need to show the difference between the 2 values. Couldn’t figure out a way add this to the chart, so I added it to the title.

Anyone has an idea?

The dimension is Year

The bar expression:

Sum({<[Calendar.Year] ={">=$(vPrevYear)<=$(vMaxYear_1)"},[Calendar.MonthNum] = {'$(vMaxMonth_1)'}, [Calendar.Day] = {"<=$(vMaxDay_1)"}>}Customers_Count)

The difference expression:

($(v_CustCount_MTD_Dashboard)

/

$(v_CustCount_PMTD_Dashboard) )

-1,'#,##0%')

Thanks!

MTD_BAR_CHART.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Set Analysis happens before the data gets calculated over the dimensions. You can't do value of Dimension A vs Dimension B, while the Dimension is in the chart, unless you use inter-record functions, like Above() or change the model.

Here is how you can do it using Above().

Sum({<[Calendar.Year] ={">=$(vPrevYear)<=$(vMaxYear_1)"},[Calendar.MonthNum] = {'$(vMaxMonth_1)'}, [Calendar.Day] = {"<=$(vMaxDay_1)"}>}Customers_Count)

/ 

Above(Sum({<[Calendar.Year] ={">=$(vPrevYear)<=$(vMaxYear_1)"},[Calendar.MonthNum] = {'$(vMaxMonth_1)'}, [Calendar.Day] = {"<=$(vMaxDay_1)"}>}Customers_Count))

You should probably include year 2018 as well, so 2019 has a comparison value. If you uncheck 'Include zero Values' in the Add-Ons section, it will hide 2018 from the chart and only show 2019 & 2020, which the comparison %.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev

View solution in original post

2 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Set Analysis happens before the data gets calculated over the dimensions. You can't do value of Dimension A vs Dimension B, while the Dimension is in the chart, unless you use inter-record functions, like Above() or change the model.

Here is how you can do it using Above().

/ 

Above(Sum({<[Calendar.Year] ={">=$(vPrevYear)<=$(vMaxYear_1)"},[Calendar.MonthNum] = {'$(vMaxMonth_1)'}, [Calendar.Day] = {"<=$(vMaxDay_1)"}>}Customers_Count))

You should probably include year 2018 as well, so 2019 has a comparison value. If you uncheck 'Include zero Values' in the Add-Ons section, it will hide 2018 from the chart and only show 2019 & 2020, which the comparison %.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev
dana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It works!  Thank you very much!

No need to add 2018.

The only issue is the visibility:  the point hides the bar's value and I the value of the point is not displayed..

MTD_BAR_CHART1.png