Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmoreno2605
Creator
Creator

MakeDate Set Analysis

Hi everyone! I need your wisdom,

Everything that those variables have is correct, the formula is correct, i know this because i have a chart that uses this formula in this way:

$(vNoBajasHastaFechaVistaCNDistrital)/
(($(vActivosxPeriodo)
+
$(vActivosxPeriodo)
+$(vNoAltasHastaFechaVistaCNDistrital)-$(vNoBajasHastaFechaVistaCNDistrital))/2)

I'm trying to calculate % turnover, the code above calculates it correctly, but it only works with one dimension (month), i need two dimensions (month and job position),  so i try using the following code

$(vNoBajasHastaFechaVistaCNDistrital)/
(((Count({<FechaNum={"<=$(MakeDate($(vAño),MesN,1))"},HireTerm={'H'}>}Distinct EMPLOYEE)-
Count({<FechaNum={"<=$(MakeDate($(vAño),MesN,1))"},HireTerm={'T'}>}Distinct EMPLOYEE))+
$(vActivosxPeriodo)
+$(vNoAltasHastaFechaVistaCNDistrital)-$(vNoBajasHastaFechaVistaCNDistrital))/2)

This isn't the complete idea, but as far as i understand this sould be working and as you can guess it is not, i think that makedate can make this, but i don't know if i'm, using it correctly. Any ideas? I'm sorry for my english

Labels (3)
3 Replies
sunny_talwar

One obvious thing is to add = sign between ( and MakeDate... Can you try to see if that resolves your issue
vmoreno2605
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your answer
I already tried it, it does not work, the % is not the one i'm looking for
sunny_talwar

Unfortunately, the expression itself is hidden behind your variables, but even if you would provide the original expression, it might not be easy to understand why it isn't giving you what you want. I suggest to share a sample where you can show the issue and we can take a look at what might be missing.

Best,
Sunny