Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shahith
Contributor III
Contributor III

Previous Period's Value in the Current Period.

Hello,

In the below picture, I have 2 columns, one is Fiscal Period as a Dimension and Claims Count as a measure(both the columns are from the same table).

I need to display the claims count for the period 2024004 as '7'(i.e. 2024003's claim value), and for 2024003 the claim value should be '8' and so on for all the periods.

How can we do that? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shahith_0-1716440782594.png

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MeehyeOh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, @Shahith 

Try Above function

MeehyeOh_0-1716442437730.png

Reply, thanks!

View solution in original post

MeehyeOh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, @Shahith 

First of all, I don't know your data set in detail, so I don't know if it will be a solution.

As in the image attached below, try left join the data that adds one month to the yearmonth in the existing table.
When resident the dataset for left join, you need to add the necessary conditions to the "where".

(Please expand the image and check it out)

MeehyeOh_2-1716957379742.png

MeehyeOh_1-1716957075958.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MeehyeOh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, @Shahith 

Try Above function

MeehyeOh_0-1716442437730.png

Reply, thanks!

Shahith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, it worked. Thank you so much!!

Have a good day!

Shahith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

How can we achieve this in Data Load Editor? Both the fields(FiscalPeriod and Claims Count) are from the same table.

Thanks in advance!

MeehyeOh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, @Shahith 

First of all, I don't know your data set in detail, so I don't know if it will be a solution.

As in the image attached below, try left join the data that adds one month to the yearmonth in the existing table.
When resident the dataset for left join, you need to add the necessary conditions to the "where".

(Please expand the image and check it out)

MeehyeOh_2-1716957379742.png

MeehyeOh_1-1716957075958.png

Shahith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @MeehyeOh , Thank you so much for putting in the effort to help me, the above approach worked as expected, and now I got the desired output.

Have a Good Day!!