Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HaninS
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QMC not completing external tasks

Hello,

I have some .bat files that I want to execute using qmc, it's working fine in the dev environment but when we move it to production it will not complete, it starts and the status will be stuck on "started".

sample of my .bat files:

for /f "delims=" %%a in ('wmic OS Get localdatetime ^| find "."') do set DateTime=%%a

set Yr=%DateTime:~0,4%
set Mon=%DateTime:~4,2%
set Day=%DateTime:~6,2%
set Hr=%DateTime:~8,2%
set Min=%DateTime:~10,2%
set Sec=%DateTime:~12,2%

set BackupTime=%Yr%%Mon%%Day%_%Hr%%Min%%Sec%

cmd.exe /C COPY "\\server\filepath1\F*.txt" "\\server\filepath2\F*.txt._%BackupTime%"
cmd.exe /C DEL /Q \\server\filepath1\F*.txt

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Francisco_Fernandez

Hello @HaninS and @stevedark ,

I think the issue might be solved with the following article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-handle-tasks-reporting-wrong-status-when-executing/ta...

It's likely that the QMC cannot update the status automatically and you will have to do it manually.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Francisco

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @HaninS 

It sounds like it could be a permissions thing. Are you using a different service account across the two environments, and have you checked that they have the same permissions to all resources?

How exactly are you firing the batch file?

You have both Client Managed and SaaS referenced as tags on your post, which are you using?

Does the process create any log files? If yes, can you share the content here?

Steve

Francisco_Fernandez

Hello @HaninS and @stevedark ,

I think the issue might be solved with the following article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-handle-tasks-reporting-wrong-status-when-executing/ta...

It's likely that the QMC cannot update the status automatically and you will have to do it manually.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Francisco