cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense June 2017 - Dollar Sign Expansion Change

Hi everyone,

I'm not really sure if this is a bug or a correction of a bug, but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Previously I was using the first formula below to calculate the number of assets that were updated in the last month, but after upgrading to the June 2017 release I had to convert it to the second or third formula. It seems to be that quotes (single or double) placed inside of dollar sign expansions now interact with those outside of the expansion. Before, they were calculated within the dollar sign expansion and then the calculated value was placed within the exterior quotes.

Qlik Sense 3.2.2

Count({$ <[Asset Last Updated Date.Month] = {'$(=Year(Today(1)) & ' - ' & Date(Today(1), 'MMMM'))'}>} Distinct [AssetId])

Qlik Sense June 2017 - 11.11.1

Removing Single Quotes and Adding Chr(39)

Count({$ <[Asset Last Updated Date.Month] = {$(=Chr(39) & Year(Today(1)) & ' - ' & Date(Today(1), 'MMMM') & Chr(39))}>} Distinct [AssetId])

Replacing Single Quotes with Double Quotes

Count({$ <[Asset Last Updated Date.Month] = {"$(=Year(Today(1)) & ' - ' & Date(Today(1), 'MMMM'))"}>} Distinct [AssetId])

Any confirmations/explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matteo901p
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Justin,

i have a similar problem with double quote/ single quote in expression...

Bug in new Qliksense Version June 2017 expression measure

Internal Qlik support response that this is the best solution (replace " with chr39) for old version and new version.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
matteo901p

Hi Justin,

i have a similar problem with double quote/ single quote in expression...

Bug in new Qliksense Version June 2017 expression measure

Internal Qlik support response that this is the best solution (replace " with chr39) for old version and new version.

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Matteo,

I saw your question as well in my search for answers, thanks for following up with what Qlik told you.

That's the solution I went with as it seems to be the most future proof.

Thanks again,

Justin