Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Write Back

Currently data is sourcing from an excel document, I need to figure out how to allow a user to add comments next to each row of data in a table. Perferably, I would like to do this in Mashups.

I was thinking I would need to create a column in the source data for comments but I am unsure of how I can make that field in the table able to accept user input.

This comment field would also need to be able to write back to the source (currently an excel doc).

I know their is an extension called Variable that I believe should be able to accept user input but I am unsure how to connect that to the table being displayed and how to modify it to write back to the source.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7 Replies
balabhaskarqlik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This was a good tutorial for variables but I am unsure how to accept user input directly to a column in the existing table. Currently I have a table displaying numerous columns, one of those columns I created called COMMENTS. I need to allow the user to click on the row under COMMENTS and type in comments.

I then need to be able to have those comments written back to the source which is currently an excel doc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is their a way to do this without a 3rd-party?

balabhaskarqlik

No, I don't think so.

daniel_s-cubed
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Pcampbell,

I hope you have found a solution to your request.

If not, then you should take a look at our native Qlik Sense write-back extension "Komment":

Komment 

It only use native Qlik functionality and APIs and hence, it can be installed right away without the involvement of IT. All your comments are stored to QVDs so there is no need for external services or databases.

Happy commenting 

All the best

Daniel

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

here is another extension

https://www.write.bi/

without an extension there is no change.