Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDaw2022
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView - Exporting to Excel Full Data

Hi all, 

I've created a new dashboard for a end user who is very happy with the results. However, the end user would like to make some selections and export the results to excel (manually). 

In this example, we have a dimension of age on a straight table, if the user exports the results based on their selections, certain ages will disappear (which is to be expected).

Question; Is there a way to export a full age range to excel despite not meeting the criteria of the end user?

I've looked at User Preferences>Export but this is drawing a blank and is very limited other than a vast amount of options for  Copying to Clipboard'.

Thank you in advance.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

I'm not really clear about your requirement either so I will attempt to extrapolate a bit here and provide a 'possible' solution:

To export all results:

• Clear all selections and or bookmark selection to expose all the results in your data
  • If 'always one selected' property is used, you need to remove this property (ie: always one select force year 2022 where years 2020, 2021 also appear in the 'Year' dimension.

To export specific results, 

• make your selections or bookmark selections
  • export your data

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry,

I am not sure I understand the use case. I believe it is working by design you would make the data set you want and export it. 

GDaw2022
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Noted. Is there a way of forcing/overriding this, I want to be able to export the full table regardless whether selections were made or not?

Frank_S
Support
Support

I'm not really clear about your requirement either so I will attempt to extrapolate a bit here and provide a 'possible' solution:

To export all results:

• Clear all selections and or bookmark selection to expose all the results in your data
  • If 'always one selected' property is used, you need to remove this property (ie: always one select force year 2022 where years 2020, 2021 also appear in the 'Year' dimension.

To export specific results, 

• make your selections or bookmark selections
  • export your data

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if there already exists a native or extension-based possibility within Sense to create a sequentially executed action-chain which removed all selections including unlocking fields and disabling any always-one-selected setting on fields and then exporting your table and then setting the selections again. If not these things needs to be done manually from the user.

An alternatively could be to create specialized objects - maybe within an extra sheet - which are only used for exports and/or prints. Within these objects you may override any selections with set analysis and applying various other changes like more/less fields, other structures/formatting and so on.

Of course it means more efforts to create and maintain additionally and more or less redundant objects - but compared with the efforts to include more or less opposite requirements within a single object and/or any additional logic to control a certain behaviour it's much easier and simpler.

- Marcus