Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcoserilio
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rangesum question

Hi Guys,

I've got a rangesum function in a pivot table which I can't make it work as I need.

This is the formula I'm using, it works fine till i keep CalendarYear dimension out of the pivot table, once I put it inside the pivot, the  rolling is interrupted at any new calendar year:

Pivot.JPG

The January yellow highlighted value should be 47 instead , just as in the following screen shot, with no calendar year

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I assume that the column TestMsr is the one that we're looking at. But since you changed the name of the column, you need to change this in the expression to reflect that.

The expression

Rangesum(Above( total [Po-Consolidated] ) , X )

will take the value of Po-Consolidated from the line above, and add X. But now you instead want the value of TestMsr from the line above.

So, then you need to change the expression to

If(

ColorCode=Above(total ColorCode),

Rangesum(Above( total [TestMsr] ) , Sum(PurchasePlanQuantity), -Sum(ShippedQty), -Sum(WhStockQty) ),

RangeSum( Sum(PurchasePlanQuantity), -Sum(ShippedQty), -Sum(WhStockQty))

)

HIC

View solution in original post

15 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Use the total qualifier:

RangeSum( total <expression> )

Above( total <expression> )

HIC

sunny_talwar

Hi Henric -

I have never seen this syntax before. I have seen TOTAL within Above() function, but never seen RangeSum() with TOTAL. Also, TOTAL within Above() doesn't really allow to use field names between <>. But it seems that RangeSum() does. Do you have a blog where we can read more about this?

Thanks,

Sunny

marcoserilio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I forgot to paste the formula I'm using:

rangesum( above( sum(PurchasePlanQuantity),0,RowNo()+12) )-(rangesum( above( sum(ShippedQty),0,RowNo()+12) )+rangesum( above( sum(WhStockQty),0,RowNo()+12) ))

marcoserilio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Henric, thanks for your answer, I tried and put a total in the editor, but qlik doesn't allow the total predicate

Capture.JPG

sunny_talwar

This is what confuses me... I have never seen TOTAL within RangeSum, but if Henric has mentioned about this, I would think that we are probably missing something.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sunny

My bad. Temporary brain drop... The total qualifier should of course be in the Above() function.

Also, it won't work with field specifiers after the total qualifier. So the work around must be a conditional evaluation like

If(Year=Above(total Year),Above(total Sum(Sales)),0)

HIC

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try

If(

Year=Above(total Year),

Rangesum(Above( total [Po-Consolidated] ) , Sum(PurchasePlanQuantity), -Sum(ShippedQty), -Sum(WhStockQty) ),

RangeSum( Sum(PurchasePlanQuantity), -Sum(ShippedQty), -Sum(WhStockQty))

)

sunny_talwar

Never thought of using this work around, this is amazing. Thanks for sharing this.

Best,

Sunny

marcoserilio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Enric, awesome script but it's still giving me what I've got already. The range sum of the Calendar Year dimension, I'm trying on the other hand to include the above calendar year dimension into the current calendar year dimension.

The 29 units to which the arrow is pointing should be 49 instead

Capture.JPG