Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brysonds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis Question

Hello,

I have data structure like this:

Brysonds_2-1678376537903.png

I want to show the sum of 410000 + 410030 to appear only under 410000 (so $215,899.71).

I tried using this set analysis, but it only showed the amount for 410000:

If([GL Account]='410000', Sum({<[GL Account]={'410000'}>} [Sales Revenue]) + Sum({<[GL Account]={'410030'}>} [Sales Revenue]))

Brysonds_3-1678376684377.png

How can I get amounts from different GL accounts to appear under other GL accounts (just for the sales revenue column, there are other measures not shown here).

Is this better to perform in the load script vs. set analysis?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brysonds
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured out a way to make this work. There may be better ways, but this worked for my purposes:

If([GL Account]='410000', Sum(Total <[Company]> {<[GL Account]={'410000','410030'}>} [Sales Revenue]))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Brysonds
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured out a way to make this work. There may be better ways, but this worked for my purposes:

If([GL Account]='410000', Sum(Total <[Company]> {<[GL Account]={'410000','410030'}>} [Sales Revenue]))

edwin
Master II
Master II

from my perspective, you are really talking about a grouping of GLs.  if you add a new field called GL Group and these two GLs fall under 410000, then it will just be rolled up

MichelLalancette

I too believe creating new GL groupings would be easier to maintain in the long run, especially if you think more of these will come up.

In our team, we often use google sheets (we use the G Suite) to create new fields/tables for a better experience than inline tables (although it's on a case-by-case basis).

Brysonds
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks all for the idea about maintaining a grouping -- that is a good way to handle it and can be done in load script as well, going to explore that design approach since it is easier to manage long term.