Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markbhai
Creator
Creator

Timestamp issues

Hi.

I have a timestamp field and I need to keep the time in the field but want to show it in a table with the 24 hour format (preferably without seconds)

The field is in the database as DD-MM-YY hh:mm:ss

In Data Manager I can show the date at DD/MM/YY HH:mm

Markbhai_0-1715124866344.png

Markbhai_1-1715124899109.png

In the load script (for some reason) the format shows as:

Timestamp(Timestamp#([occured_time], 'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss') ,'DD/MM/YYYY HH:mm') AS [occured_time],

In the Qlik Table it shows as a ?

Markbhai_2-1715124981314.png

What might I be doing wrong?

Very frustrating!!

Thanks 

Mark

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

If you don't want seconds try fixing it in load script.
Timestamp(Timestamp#([occurred_time], 'DD-MM-YY hh:mm:ss') ,'DD/MM/YY HH:mm') AS [occurred_time]

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

If you don't want seconds try fixing it in load script.
Timestamp(Timestamp#([occurred_time], 'DD-MM-YY hh:mm:ss') ,'DD/MM/YY HH:mm') AS [occurred_time]
Markbhai
Creator
Creator
Author

I am not sure about what is different between what you have said and what is already in the Load script.  - But alt least what you are suggesting is what I am already doing which shows that I am not going mad  🙂

I guess the real question is then, what else could be causing the dashboard table to display a ?

Thanks

Mark.

Markbhai
Creator
Creator
Author

Fixed it.

Since I had been testing the format in the Data Manager the load script was generated automatically, so was in the auto generated section. (It wasnt working).

I moved the line

to the main load script and after this it worked.

I feel there are some odd behaviours with the auto generated scripts - not sure if this is just me.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.