Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markbhai
Creator
Creator

Timestamp issues

Hi.

I have a timestamp field and I need to keep the time in the field but want to show it in a table with the 24 hour format (preferably without seconds)

The field is in the database as DD-MM-YY hh:mm:ss

In Data Manager I can show the date at DD/MM/YY HH:mm

Markbhai_0-1715124866344.png

Markbhai_1-1715124899109.png

In the load script (for some reason) the format shows as:

Timestamp(Timestamp#([occured_time], 'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss') ,'DD/MM/YYYY HH:mm') AS [occured_time],

In the Qlik Table it shows as a ?

Markbhai_2-1715124981314.png

What might I be doing wrong?

Very frustrating!!

Thanks 

Mark

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

If you don't want seconds try fixing it in load script.
Timestamp(Timestamp#([occurred_time], 'DD-MM-YY hh:mm:ss') ,'DD/MM/YY HH:mm') AS [occurred_time]

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

If you don't want seconds try fixing it in load script.
Timestamp(Timestamp#([occurred_time], 'DD-MM-YY hh:mm:ss') ,'DD/MM/YY HH:mm') AS [occurred_time]
Markbhai
Creator
Creator
Author

I am not sure about what is different between what you have said and what is already in the Load script.  - But alt least what you are suggesting is what I am already doing which shows that I am not going mad  🙂

I guess the real question is then, what else could be causing the dashboard table to display a ?

Thanks

Mark.

Markbhai
Creator
Creator
Author

Fixed it.

Since I had been testing the format in the Data Manager the load script was generated automatically, so was in the auto generated section. (It wasnt working).

I moved the line

to the main load script and after this it worked.

I feel there are some odd behaviours with the auto generated scripts - not sure if this is just me.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.