cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ForgotMyOldUsername
Contributor III
Contributor III

Two themes, one dashboard?

Not sure where else to post, but simple question ( I hope )  -  Is this a theme / style we can use?

I was looking through the latest releases from August 21  and noticed what appears to be a new , more subtle styling to elements.

What really caught my attention was that some chart elements appeared to blend seamlessly into the background, other elements had a bright background / subtle drop-shadow,

ForgotMyOldUsername_0-1633437349160.png

This really makes the page MUCH cleaner and much more modern that other themes.

The question is, can we use it in our own apps yet, or is this further down the line for user implementation?

4 Replies
ForgotMyOldUsername
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Has anyone figured this out? Is it just a case of removing all styles from table elements ?

chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

This can be done by editing your theme.
this requires some .css know-how.
To make the your apps look seemless, just match the colir of the sheet background and the object backgronds.

the sheet background can be edited in the theme.css using:

.qvt-sheet {background: #ffffff !important;}

the object backgorund is defined in the theme.json (in most themes it is defined in a variable block:

"_variables": {
    "@TitleSize": "16px",
    "@SubtitleSize": "15px",
    "@TextSize": "12px",
    "@FooterSize": "10px",
    "@TitleColor": "#555555",
    "@SubtitleColor": "#555555",
    "@TextColor": "#555555",
    "@FooterColor": "#555555",
    "@BackgroundColor": "#ffffff",
    "@AxisMajorColor": "#dad7cc",
    "@AxisMinorColor": "#dad7cc"

Hope, this is helpfull for you.

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.
ForgotMyOldUsername
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @chris_djih   -  yeah  I've been experimenting with themes a bit ( see another thread about doing  a dark theme  )   -  I  guess the challenge is more that just the JSON / CSS , since it appears to be context sensitive. 

I.E.  In themes, you can set 'title' colour etc,  but as far as I can see, you can't see title color for table specifically.  

I'd be really curious to see if Qlik publish the method through which this was done 😄

chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

Yeah unfortunatley it is quite unconfortable to build your own theme since some of the settings are done in the json and some in css. But in my experience you start best by donwload an existing theme (https://sensetheme.com/gallery) that resembles your desired outcome and then start customizing this.

For Darkmode you may have a look on these extension: https://developer.qlik.com/garden/5d371fc3356cb50019d90dc7
The .css from this extensions gave me much enlgihtment on which objects i need to customize.

Any way there are some well written guides out there, like this one: https://www.clearpeaks.com/qlik-sense-custom-themes/

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.