Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rizaster
Contributor III
Contributor III

Updates to CSS in Mashup not updating the application

Hi,

I have this issue where if I make an update to the CSS file in the devhub, it takes a very long time for the changes to appear on the preview of the application, even with minimal changes such as changing a font color. My "workaround" is duplicating the application every time I make a change to the CSS file, which then has the new update made in the duplicated application when I open it. I have tried restarting dev hub, restarting my computer etc, nothing helps in terms of updating the application immediately except for duplicating the application, but obviously this is not ideal. 

As an added note, this issue does not exist when I make an update to the HTML file, the preview will update immediately. For example, if I make a font color change in the HTML file, it will change colors immediately, but if I make that same update via the CSS file, it will not

Has anyone run into this and how did you fix it? Thanks! 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

It's probably the css cache that is not refreshing. You could try one of
the tips in this thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20300400/google-chrome-css-doesnt-update-unless-clear-cache

-Vegar

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Press F5 for refresh.

If you are working in Qlik Sense desktop I'm finding it better (faster update on css) to use my local browser. Access localhost:4848 while running desktop in the background. 

rizaster
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response Vegar. F5 doesn't seem to help. Also, I am using my local browser while running desktop in the background

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It's probably the css cache that is not refreshing. You could try one of
the tips in this thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20300400/google-chrome-css-doesnt-update-unless-clear-cache

-Vegar
rizaster
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This worked, it has been driving me crazy, thanks Vegar!