Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Using Spaces in Set Analysis Values

I'm using the attached set analysis expression and it is giving me an Error.

I noticed that when I remove the space between "A 1" and "I 2" that the expression is then OK.  

Why wouldn't I be able to use a space if that is what my values are?

How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It looks like you built the expression in Excel (or some other auto-correcting editor) -- the quotes are not the correct characters. Replace them with normal quote characters in the Qlik script editor.

One, Two should be "One, Two"

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

try using single quote as below:
[Program Type] = {'A 1', 'I 2'}
sunny_talwar

Did you try to press okay and see if the expression worked or not? Also, can you try this

{<[Program Type] = {"A?1", "I?2"}>}

or

{<[Program Type] = {"A*1", "I*2"}>}
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It looks like you built the expression in Excel (or some other auto-correcting editor) -- the quotes are not the correct characters. Replace them with normal quote characters in the Qlik script editor.

One, Two should be "One, Two"

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

You're right!  I was copying & pasting the expression from Word.  Word was using "Smart Quotes" which I had to disable.  Qlik doesn't recognize these Smart Quotes.

ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, single quotes would have worked, but I specifically wanted double quotes to account for lower-case spelling variations.