Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonsunke
Contributor II
Contributor II

Vertical Reference Line in Histogram

Hello everybody

I love the new histogram vizualisation that was shipped with the June 2017 release - thanks a lot!

Today I'm looking at a use case where I'd need vertical reference lines (to indicate a target range of the dimension).

So far I've managed to add horizontal reference lines (Add-ons => Reference lines) but not vertical ones.

QlikHistogram.png

Am I missing something or is this pointing towards a feature request? Furthermore different colored bars would be very useful as well.

Thanks and best regards,

Simon

13 Replies
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Simon,

I am looking to be able to do the same thing. I tried all different things and did not work. Let me know if you find a way to do it.

Also, I was looking for a way to add a Bell Shaped curve indicating the normal distribution. I created a discussion, so let's see if it is possible, or if they will add in the next release.

Thanks,

LD

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Best solution I've been able to come up with is to change the bar color. e.g.

Median value on x-axis

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

simonsunke
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot, Rob!

I've come across this thread and it's a viable workaround. However, I'd need several reference lines (2 or more) and the customers requirments tend more toward a reference line than a colored bar.

Is there a way to suggest vertical ref lines as a feature request for the histogram chart type?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like a great idea. I'm not sure what the best channel may be for feature requests. Anyone?

Rob

plexpro52
Creator
Creator

Hello Rob and everyone else, including Qlik,

>> I'm not sure what the best channel may be for feature requests.

This has been a major deficiency, in my view, for my whole experience with Qlik (3 years or so).  The lack of a clear means of submitting feature requests, in a space dedicated to feature requests and visible by everyone, with active involvement from the Qlik development organization, as well as the possibility for other customer developers to respond and vote on the significance of a proposal, hampers both the progress of the tool and the development of a symbiotic user community.

René

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hey Guys - I have entered thid into our internal product ideation system - check in with me time and time again to see where it stands as we vote on many items to be included and I can act as your liaison for this feature.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
simonsunke
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your help, mto‌!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this?

WiscoSippi
Creator
Creator

Hi Mike! Any update on introducing x-axis reference lines in the histogram? Would be nice to show the statistical upper and lower bounds based on a confidence level!

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry