Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demienyu
Contributor II
Contributor II

sense scatter chart measure sorting - cummulative measure

Hi.

I have some trouble with scatter chart showing ABC-XYZ percents by some dimension (say goods group).

First, I have created simple table with goods group as a dimension and Sales Amount as descending measure. I calculate cummulative sales total and cummulative sales percent for ABC rank. It is simple and it works:

RangeSum(Above($(eSomeSalesExpression), 0, RowNo())) / $(eSomeSalesTotalExpression)

In my scatter chart i have to use ABC percent on X-axis and XYZ variation coef on Y-axis. I tried using same expression as above for "measure 1", but i clearly saw that Scatter does not sort data as Table. As a result i have incorrect data in scatter chart.

I could not find any possibility to sort through some scatter chart property.

Is there any workaround how to make scatter chart work properly?

5 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you provide screen shot of both the Tables, scatter plot and your simple table?

demienyu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sales data is painted over but believe me it is sorted in descending order.

As u see first dimension field value is not the same.

abcxyz.png

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Not an expert in range sum expression but

RangeSum(Above($(eSomeSalesExpression), 0, RowNo())) / $(eSomeSalesTotalExpression)

This expression would take the rows and above function as it is a table

But in other charts as Bar/Scatter/Pie you'd not find the Row or above.

You may have to change the expression to get the same result.

Maybe stalwar1‌ or any other expert can help you write a new expression?

demienyu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

If the expression is completely wrong I think chart should have no bubbles at all. But it has.

Still thinking the problem is sorting.

I'll wait for experts to come.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In Qlikview, Above() can interfere with sorting in objects like pivot tables. Perhaps above interferes with sorting in certain Sense objects as well?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein