Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CKM_35
Partner - Contributor III

Creating connections between AWS S3 bucket and Qlik Catalog

Hi Team,

I am trying to pull data from AWS S3 bucket into Qlik Catalog and i have created successful source connection between AWS S3 bucket and Qlik Catalog, but i am not able to see any of my data set present in my bucket.

I am mentioning below the steps, which i have followed:

From source tab , I clicked on Add data then selected To new source , providing screen shot below for your reference:

Connection1.PNGConnection2.PNG

Am i missing on some step, please guide.

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.

Chandan Mishra

Labels (3)
12 Replies
vinicius_rosa

Good morning, whats your "connection type" selected in source connection?

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

Hi @CKM_35 , 

If you could .. let's check some things. Hit 'Source', 'Source Connections', hit the pencil for the problem source connection. Send a screen shot of that (redaction is fine). Next hit the 'test connection' - does that work? 

Thanks! 

vinicius_rosa

The test connection works well (i remove private informations in the screen bellow)

vinicius_rosa_0-1605274265266.png

The problem happen on load data, when selected s3 in this case we need to find files in AWS, but for some reason Catalog search in filesystem.

vinicius_rosa_1-1605274398007.png

vinicius_rosa_2-1605274416584.png

The erros in catalina.out 

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File / does not exist.
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.S3FileSystem.listStatus(S3FileSystem.java:239)
at com.podiumdata.coop.gofer.impl.FileSystemDirGofer.listStatus(FileSystemDirGofer.java:342)
at com.nvs.ui.service.impl.FileBrowserImpl.findImmediateChilds(FileBrowserImpl.java:57)
... 76 more