Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend Component kit, Issues with @ActiveIf(s).

Hi

The @ActiveIf annotation in Talend component kit,  is not working if the target value is from a string  or a value selected from a drop down list.  say i have the following 

String test="somevalue";

@ActiveIf(target="test", value="{somevalue}")
String testUse;

testUse will still show up in the UI, the same behaviour occurs  if test is a drop list created either with enums or  @Proposable.  This will however works well in the basic-settings if test were a boolean, and a bit buggy in the advanced settings also if test is a boolean. Are these some known issues or am i doing something wrong here. thanks and

best regards 

Samba

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,
it seems you have an error in your above example if not a typo error. the { need to be outside the " ", as you can define a list of values.
Here is how it should be :

@Option
String test="somevalue";
@Option @ActiveIf(target="test", value={"somevalue"}) String testUse;

If not a typo issue, please share the full configuration class so that i can help you with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

its not a configuration issue, here is my full configuration

in service class i have the following.

@DynamicValues("RESET_LIST")
public Values getRESETLIST() {
return new Values(Arrays.asList(new Values.Item("FIRST", "FIRST"), new Values.Item("SECOND", "SECOND"), new Values.Item("CUSTOM", "CUSTOM")));
}

And in the Configuration class i have the following

@Option
@Documentation("")
@Proposable("RESET_LIST")
private String RESET = "CUSTOM";

@Option
@Documentation("")
@ActiveIf(target = "RESET", value = {"CUSTOM"})
private String target;

this configuration is not working, even if  RESET  above is not a list, is there something i m doing wrong here?  thanks and

best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your configuration is OK. what is your studio version ?
Also do you have any errors related to that in the studio logs. you can find them in workspace/.metadata/ 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anas,

my  studio version is 7.0.1,

and there are no errors in the log file. the only success i have with @Activeif  is when using booleans.

best regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok i will check that in this version.

Is it an option for you, the upgrade of the studio version ?
We strongly advice the use of the latest version of the studio to develop with the framework. as the project is moving fast.
you can get the latest release from https://sourceforge.net/projects/talend-studio/files/Talend%20Open%20Studio/

And you can also consult the framework change log from here https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/1.1.2/changelog.html
You will find the latest bugs fixes and the new features list.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The support of @ActiveIf for @Proposable was added in the version 1.1.0 of the framework. This version is shifted with the studio 7.1.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thank you Anas, then i will surely try to upgrade and test.

best regards