Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniboy2019
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cadena de conexion ODBC MYSQL

Good afternoon, I'm Daniel :), could someone help me with the following topic, I'm trying to use a mysql connection string through the ODBC MYSQL connector, for them I already have the connector installed and it works making the qlik qlik test sense. I need a valid string to be able to use it in my script since I have several databases and I want to load a variable that will control the number of iterations with my databases... Could you help me by sharing some connection string ‌‌

[ODBC]
CONTROLADOR = MySQL ODBC 5.3 Controlador ANSI
UID = odin
PUERTO = 3306
BASE DE DATOS = SERVIDOR delta
= 172.17.100.30

and using the qlik connector it only gives me the following connection but it doesn't work for my project ‌‌ since there are more than 40 connections.

LIB CONNECT TO 'Conexion_SUCURSAL1 (svr_qlik)';

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniboy2019
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It is correct, I have used the following written in my algorithm with the CALL function and SUB ROUTINES, FOR EACH, it has worked for me to connect to a mysql server, where I have several databases, and with this algorithm I extract and store the tables in its folder for each database. But I want to do the same, generate a script wherever I go and see ip 1 Database1, extract Table.Product, ip 2 Database2, extract Table.Product, End Subroutine, but I don't know how to do it with the qlik Mysql option, since it
is only a connection

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GTiscareno
Employee
Employee

Hello Daniel,

just to clarify you want to connect several MySql db to your project using the Qlik connector?

Daniboy2019
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It is correct, I have used the following written in my algorithm with the CALL function and SUB ROUTINES, FOR EACH, it has worked for me to connect to a mysql server, where I have several databases, and with this algorithm I extract and store the tables in its folder for each database. But I want to do the same, generate a script wherever I go and see ip 1 Database1, extract Table.Product, ip 2 Database2, extract Table.Product, End Subroutine, but I don't know how to do it with the qlik Mysql option, since it
is only a connection
Daniboy2019
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Extracting tables for each database found in a connection, this has worked for me on a server where I have multiple databases. I want to do the same, but with 3 connections, those 3 connections have the same database but in different MYSQL servers, with the same username and password. In the image I have used the Qlik Sense connector, but maybe I could use an ODBC connection, but I can't find how to get the connection string (:

Extracción de tablas por cada base de datos encontrada en una conexión, esto me ha funcionado en un servidor donde tengo múltiples base de datos. quiero hacer lo mismo, pero con 3 conexiones, esas 3 conexiones tienen la misma base de datos pero en diferentes servidores MYSQL, con el mismo usuario y contrasena. En la imagen he usado el conector de Qlik Sense, pero quizas podria usar una conexion ODBC, pero no encuentro como sacar la cadena de conexion (: