Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anubhavv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Connecting to a Parquet file from Amazon S3

Hi Guys,

I have a Qlik Sense deployment the requirement is to connect to Parquet files placed within Amazon S3 Bucket for a qlik app. I have tried the following options

1) Qlik Webfile Connection- Cannot  use this beacuse of the requirement to make the file public.

2)Qlik Web Connector (QS desktop)- The script generated using the connector gets me the parquet file as a text file but due to the conversion the data gets misplaced with different characters

3) Apache Drill- I installed apache drill on the local machine and connected the S3 storage plugin. I can get the data from local parquet files but when I use the file from S3 it gives me an error saying the reader data is very complex.

4) Amazon S3 Connector on Cloud- I can connect to the bucket but can only see csv txt etc file it seems parquet file format is not acceptable.

Can you guys advise What can be done to Connect to a parquet file? or else is there anything I am missing out?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
AmitDubey
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi 

you can create a database/tables using athena from s3 bucket parquet file. and install athena odbc driver to connect

to this table from odbc connector.