Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connecting to a Sharepoint List to Interrogate the Data inputted

Hi folks,

Would any of you have a step by step guide on using the Office 365 Sharepoint Metadata connector  in Qliksense Cloud to connect to a Sharepoint List so an app can interrogate the entries?

I have only found the following which only references the possibility rather than explaining how to.  I also can't see any examples in the QCC.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Integrated_Web_Connectors_help/Content/Connectors_...

As I try to muddle through it I'm getting 404 Not Found or 400 Bad Request errors.

Thanks,

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KJM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello future readers,

I worked this out - seems very simple now but I remember when it didn't seem simple so I'm posting the steps below in case anyone else comes across this:

To access data from a Sharepoint List you must use the Office 365 Sharepoint Metadata connector (note Metadata in the name of the connector).

• To access data from a Sharepoint List you must use the Office 365 Sharepoint Metadata connector (note Metadata in the name of the connector).
  • Your base URL is the sharepoint address of your organisation up to the .com - i.e. https://myorganisation.sharepoint.com/ 
  • Change consent level to none, authenticate, copy the authentication code, paste it into the add data connection window, and hit create
  • Now when you add data from files and other sources; the space that you created this connection in will have a metadata connector down the left hand side.
  • When you select the connector, click on lists (but don't tick the box).  In the Site/Subsite Path input the relevent teamsite e.g. teams/myteam
  • Use the preview data button, find your list from the results, and copy the id for it from the first column
  • Now click on ItemsFromLists section again without ticking the box
  • Paste the id to the ID for List and again input your teamsite as the site/subpath.  If you wish you can input a particular view but I'm not explaining that here.  Should be self explanatory once you've completed this.  
  • Preview data and now either tick the box beside ItemsFromList to bring in every field, or select fields individually.  
  • SImply hit next and you're done!

Hope this helps someone.  As I say, seems very simple now but it wasn't once!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KJM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello future readers,

I worked this out - seems very simple now but I remember when it didn't seem simple so I'm posting the steps below in case anyone else comes across this:

To access data from a Sharepoint List you must use the Office 365 Sharepoint Metadata connector (note Metadata in the name of the connector).

• To access data from a Sharepoint List you must use the Office 365 Sharepoint Metadata connector (note Metadata in the name of the connector).
  • Your base URL is the sharepoint address of your organisation up to the .com - i.e. https://myorganisation.sharepoint.com/ 
  • Change consent level to none, authenticate, copy the authentication code, paste it into the add data connection window, and hit create
  • Now when you add data from files and other sources; the space that you created this connection in will have a metadata connector down the left hand side.
  • When you select the connector, click on lists (but don't tick the box).  In the Site/Subsite Path input the relevent teamsite e.g. teams/myteam
  • Use the preview data button, find your list from the results, and copy the id for it from the first column
  • Now click on ItemsFromLists section again without ticking the box
  • Paste the id to the ID for List and again input your teamsite as the site/subpath.  If you wish you can input a particular view but I'm not explaining that here.  Should be self explanatory once you've completed this.  
  • Preview data and now either tick the box beside ItemsFromList to bring in every field, or select fields individually.  
  • SImply hit next and you're done!

Hope this helps someone.  As I say, seems very simple now but it wasn't once!

jb_1234
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello KJM,

This post is really useful. I have one doubt though, how can i access the metdata of files in one particular folder in a specific view.

eg: Main Folder ->Folder1, Folder2->file1,file2...

I want the metadata of file 2 in folder 2. 

Could you help me ?