Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubenmarin

Connection from Qlik Cloud to SQL database with ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly

Hello, we have to access a database wich is in a cluster, and we have to access to an instance with ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly.

In OnPremise version we used and ODBC driver, but in cloud there is no option to do this.

We tried different advaced parameters of the Microsoft SQL Server connector like ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly or application intent=readonly but without success. There is an option we can set to configure this connection?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin
Author

In case someone else looks for this.

I got this from @JoelCarter 

Name: Application_Intent (Note the underscore between Application and Intent) -and-
Value: ReadOnly (No separator between Read and Only)

as shown in the screenshot below. Hope this helps!

rubenmarin_0-1665502578027.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @rubenmarin ,

Thanks for posting.

So, what you are saying is that with Qlik Sense client managed you use a 3rd party ODBC driver by creating a ODBC connection and not the SQL native one provided on Qlik Sense itself?

If that is correct, does such parameter works on Qlik Sense client managed when using the Qlik SQL native connector?

Thanks for providing such information.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
rubenmarin
Author

Hello @Albert_Candelario, we didn't found any way to set the same parameter in the SQL native connector, we tried some options with the advanced parameters but, if there is an option to set there, we didn't found how exactly has to be written.

At the end we used the ODBC connector with the 3rd party connector that has the option to select in a drop-down.

rubenmarin_0-1665469145565.png

rubenmarin
Author

In case someone else looks for this.

I got this from @JoelCarter 

Name: Application_Intent (Note the underscore between Application and Intent) -and-
Value: ReadOnly (No separator between Read and Only)

as shown in the screenshot below. Hope this helps!

rubenmarin_0-1665502578027.png

Albert_Candelario

Correct @rubenmarin , I have been in contact with Joel too and that is correct set up.

I am glad we find the proper name of the parameter for the advance setting.

Thanks  @JoelCarter !

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer