Skip to main content

Connectivity & Data Prep

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Data Connectivity.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhuparnadhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

DELETE method in Qlik Sense REST API

Hi All,

I need to use DELETE method in Qlik Sense REST API connection. When I am creating the data connection, it gives options for only GET and POST. Is there any way to use DELETE method in Qlik Sense ?

Looking forward to the replies!

Thanks and Regards,

Madhuparna Dhar

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

By default, the Qlik Sense Rest Connector doesn´t provide data manipulation, only read data:

"The Qlik REST Connector enables Qlik Sense and QlikView to efficiently load data into Qlik apps from a REST data source"

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/Connectors_REST/REST-c...

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi,

you can't set up DELETE method directly in connection but you can override POST method using solution presented below (HTTPHEADER "X-HTTP-Method-Override" "DELETE", ).

I use it in scripts calling NPrinting API via Qlik RESTFull connector (look here if you are interested)

Let vDeleteUserURL = 'https://$(vNPrintingServer):4993/api/v1/users/'&'$(vUserId)';
Trace Deleting user: $(vDeleteUserURL);

LIB CONNECT TO '$(vConnection_POST)';

RestDeleteUserTable:
SQL SELECT
"__KEY_data"
FROM
JSON (wrap off) "data" PK "__KEY_data"
WITH
CONNECTION( URL "$(vDeleteUserURL)",
HTTPHEADER "Content-Type" "application/json",
HTTPHEADER "X-HTTP-Method-Override" "DELETE",
HTTPHEADER "cookie" "$(vCookie)")
;

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
matheuzzy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for you reply!

The name of this connector is wrong!
How can you name a connector "REST" and do not allow all the Representational State Transfer methods?

It should be called "only read REST".